If you have sensitive or hypersensitive skin, suffer from skin allergies, have never used our products before or are just concerned you may have a reaction to our natural, organic products you can perform a patch test before full application.
While allergic reactions to our products are extremely rare, they are not impossible. We are all different and our bodies all react to natural plant materials differently. If you are concerned you may be allergic to our product please consult your health care professional & contact us.
1. Take a 1/4 teaspoon of powder from you hair colour pack/s and mix with water to form a paste.
2. leave it to sit for 5 to 10 mins.
3. Apply the paste to the inside of your wrist or behind your ear/back of neck area.
4. cover with a bandaid or medical paper tape and leave for 30 mins. (If you are sensitive to bandaids or medical paper tape please use a cover that will be friendly to your skin)
5. Rinse well and wait 48 hours. If no reaction occurs then you will be clear to use your hair colour.
6. If you hair colour pack contains a step 1 & step 2 test each pack separately - 72 hours apart and in a different spot (eg. one test on each arm/wrist).
What will happen if you don't have a reaction?
1. The area may have a cool or tingly sensation like a menthol feel. This is because some of the plant ingredients have natural cooling properties on the skin.
2. There may be a tiny bit of itching as it dries or moves around under a bandaid ( just like a normal body itch).
3. You may have some colouration from the plant dye. This could be a blue or an orangey brown colour
What will happen if you do have an allergic reaction?
Allergic reactions usually occur quickly after application. You may notice a redness that is local and it may radiate from the site of application, it may also start to spread. The area will be extremely itchy (unbearable) and may have a stinging sensation. The skin may also become raised with welts or have a hive type rash forming.
You may also have a strong headache soon after application.
Some peoples reactions may be delayed so we suggest you wait 48 hours before applying the hair colour to your hair.
WHAT DO YOU DO IF THIS HAPPENS?
Wash the area immediately under cool running water. If symptoms persist, worsen or if you are worried please consult a health care professional immediately.